Uterus medical conditions include:
- Uterine fibroids that cause pain, bleeding, or other problems
- Uterine prolapse, which is a sliding of the uterus from its normal position into the vaginal canal
- Cancerof the uterus, cervix, or ovariesте
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Adenomyosis, or a thickening of the uterus
If you have one of these conditions, the doctor may recommend a hysterectomy, which is an operation to remove the uterus. The hysterectomy can be done with open surgery or minimally invasive surgery.
Minimally Invasive Surgery can be done using traditional laparoscopy or robotic assisted da Vinci Surgery. This means your surgeon operates using long instruments inserted through a few small incisions in the abdomen. One of the instruments is a tiny camera that sends images to a video screen in the operating room to guide doctors as they operate.
Minimal invasive approaches offer the following potential benefits compared to open surgery:
- Lower blood loss
- Quicker return of bowel function
- Lower rate of complications
- Shorter hospital stay
- Small incisions for minimal scarring
If you’re facing surgery for your condition find more about this option click here.