Organiser: SOFMEDICA Group through Emerald Medical Centre (owner of the IHS brand) and C & P Sofianos Foundation.
”DR. DIMITRIE CAPȘA” Scholarships 3rd edition, 2023 – 2024
Through his invaluable contribution to the field of nephrology, Dr. Dimitrie Capșa can be considered the founder of modern dialysis in our country. For SOFMEDICA Group he has always been a source of inspiration and also the man without whom International Healthcare Systems – Medical Centres for Nephrology and Dialysis (IHS), the predecessor of EMERALD Medical Centre, would not have existed. Under his noble and attentive guidance, the company became in 2015 the largest independent network of nephrology and dialysis center in Europe, providing treatments at the highest standards for thousands of patients in Romania and beyond.
In order to keep alive the memory of Dr. Dimitrie Capșa and to continue his contribution to the field of medicine in Romania, SOFMEDICA Group, through the EMERALD Medical Center and the C & P Sofianos Foundation grants ten annual scholarships. The following scholarships are available for 2023-2024:
- 2 scholarships for students in their 5th or 6th year at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila” Bucharest.
- 1 scholarship for a student at the Faculty of Medical Engineering of the Polytechnic University of Bucharest, in any year of study.
- 1 scholarship for a nephrology resident doctor enrolled at any accredited medical faculty in Romania, 4th – 5th year of study.
- 2 scholarships for cardiology resident doctors enrolled at any accredited medical faculty in Romania, 4th – 5th year of study.
- 2 scholarships for radiology residents enrolled at any accredited medical faculty in Romania, 4th – 5th year of study.
- 1 scholarship for a neurology resident doctor enrolled at any accredited medical faculty in Romania, 4th – 5th year of study.
- 1 scholarship for an oncology resident doctor enrolled at any accredited medical faculty in Romania, 4th – 5th year of study.
The program aims to support and train young doctors, in order to continue the direction started by Dr. Dimitrie Capșa, who dedicated his entire career to the professional development of the young generation, by awarding 10 (ten) private scholarships worth 2000 ron/month for 1 academic year (from October 2023 to July 2024).
- Participation in all events organized during “Dr. Dimitrie Capșa” Scholarship program.
- Access to continuous education and training programs developed by ISLE Academy
- Access to internship programs organized by SOFMEDICA Group.
Stages of the competition:
- Application submission period: 16 October – 05 November 2023;
- Interview: 07 – 10 November 2023;
- Announcement of results: 14 November 2023.
Documents required for application (Romanian language):
- Last school report;
- Letter of recommendation from a university professor;
- Motivation letter.
Applications containing ideas about the future of nephrology in Romania (e.g.: How do you see nephrology in Romania in 10 years?) will be appreciated.
- The beneficiary is studying at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila” Bucharest, or Medical Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Bucharest, in the bachelor cycle (student year 5-6 of academic study).
- The beneficiary applying for the scholarship offered for residents can be enrolled at any accredited Medical Faculty in Romania, in the 4th or 5th year of residency.
- Academic activities (overall average of the previous year minimum 9 out of 10, or an equivalent average according to the grading system used by the higher education institution where the candidate is enrolled), involvement in research activities, participation in outstanding extracurricular activities (specialized publications, volunteering, involvement in student organizations, non-governmental projects, etc.).
- Beneficiaries must have permanent residence in Romania.
- Beneficiaries are Romanian speakers.
- Dr. Razvan Capsa – Committee Chairman;
- Dr. Alexandra Niculescu – Member;
- Radu Pavel – Secretary.
Obligations of the Parties
The scholarship recipient undertakes:
- To follow the study programme for the entire duration of the programme without interruption or unexcused absence;
- To submit to Emerald Medical Center at the end of each semester the transcript of records certifying that he/she has passed all examinations during the academic year;
- Not to do anything that may damage the image, name, brands or interests of Emerald Medical Centre or the other companies of the Sofmedica Group, under penalty of damages;
Emerald Medical Centre through SofMedica will ensure:
- the financing of the Scholarship awarded, in accordance with the terms and conditions of these Rules, as from November 2023
- compliance with the Scholarship award schedule as set out in these Rules.
Only applicants who will be selected for the next selection round and the winners will be notified by e-mail.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org