Sigilant Chirurgical Aquabrid®
AQUABRID® is a fully synthetic surgical sealant for aortic surgical procedures. In contact with water AQUABRID® forms an elastic layer within 3 to 5 minutes – making it optimal for use on wet conditions. AQUABRID® stretches and shrinks with contraction of the vessel, while maintaining a strong seal in the aorta. AQUABRID® has been commercially available in Japan since 2014 under the name of HYDROFIT®.
- Reacts with water – optimal use for wet surfaces, regardless of heparinization conditions.
- Ready to use – No manual mixing or preparation required.
- Elastic – Stretches and shrinks with the vessel contractions.
- Strong – Maintains bond/seal in the high pressure environment of the aorta.
- 100% synthetic- No biological origin or risk of infection.